Friday, August 23, 2013

Russian Federation Team CUP – 2013. Game 4 - GK again

Game 4 from the Russian Team Cup – 2013 was against Frei and GK again! Actually it was the only bad pairing in our team, so I had to save some points while others earn points with good match-ups.
 


 

Player2: "Frei"
Army Description: Grey knights

HQ1: Inquisitor Coteaz – 100 - Warlord
HQ2: Inguisitor Ordo Xenos (25): psyker (30), rad grenades (15), psychotroke grenades (15), 3 servoskulls (3x3) – 94

Troops1: Henchmen Warband: Crusaders x 4 (15 x 4), DC Assassins x 6 (15 x 6), Warrior Acolytes x 2 (4 x 2) – 158 in Transport1
Troops2: Henchmen Warband: Servitor + heavy bolter x 3 (10 x 3), Warrior Acolytes + plasma gun x 3 (14 x 3), Warrior Acolytes x 3 (4 x 3) – 84 in Transport 2
Troops3: Grey Knights Strike Squad (100): psycannon (10) – 110
Troops4: Henchmen Warband: Warriors Acolytes x 3 (4 x 3) – 12 in Transport 3
Troops5: Henchmen Warband: Warriors Acolytes x 3 (4 x 3) – 12 in Transport 4

FA1: Stormraven Gunship (205): multi-melta (free), psybolt ammunition (20) - 225
FA2: Stormraven Gunship (205): multi-melta (free), psybolt ammunition (20) - 225

HS1: Nemesis Dreadknight (130): add nemesis greatsword (25), heavy incinerator (30) – 185
HS1: Nemesis Dreadknight (130): add heavy incinerator (30) – 160
HS3: Land Raider Crusader (255): multi-melta (10), psybolt ammunition (5), searchlight (1) – 271

Transport1: Inquisitorial Chimera (55): heavy bolter, multilaser, add searchlight (1) – 56
Transport2: Inquisitorial Chimera (55): heavy bolter, multilaser, add searchlight (1) – 56
Transport3: Razorback (45): add psybolt ammunition (5), searchlight (1) - 51
Transport4: Razorback (45): add psybolt ammunition (5), searchlight (1) – 51

Total 1850

Mission: The Relic (6 pts) & Crusade (2 objectives 2 pts each)
Deployment: Dawn of War

So, stromravens can peril my single tervigon… so how can I play an objective game? Only hope – I have some meal for my raveners here, so I’ll try to play aggressively with them!

I was lucky to get a table with a large rock in the center.

But then I lost the rolloff and Frei gave me the first turn, so no late game contesting… huh.

So, I tried to use the rock in the center for target saturation, so he cannon focus one unit with everything. I reserve my tervigon and then…

Frei seizes the initiative!

Rock helps me to survive the first round with no losses. In return I rush raveners forward, fly tyrants off the table and wreck 2 transports with hiveguards to slow him down! Stormraven comes in, then my both flyrants come in and wreck the flyer! I loose my warlord in return, but manage to assault and bring down 1 dreadknight with raveners.
Then second stormraven comes in. I manage to bring down the second dreadknight with raveners and wreck LR with tyrant!
Frei fails to bring down flyrant and I was lucky enough to wrecj second stormraven with a single Flyrant!
Raveners manage to cut down all the assassins and then manage to wipe out the Coteaz squad with plasma acolytes, while Flyrant hunt down the last troops, spreading through the table!

As a result, lucky dices let me to table Frei on turn 5!! The result is 20-0! Wow!

Actually, Frei did a number of mistakes, but the dice gods were with me this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment